Finding My Style

9:21 AM








 (Whole outfit thrifted, minus shoes from Asos)

 Hi Guys!

Long time no outfit post ey? I know, I know...

So I have finally found my style! It took me almost 5 years but here we are today, we thank the Lord.
I remember when I started my blog and all the bloggers I was following would talk about how their style was preppy or eclectic or simple or vintage and I would just be thinking how boring it was to restrict yourself to one style of clothing.

I used to say my style was versatile because I could wear everything and anything. In retrospect and looking at my previous outfit posts, I was very very wrong and most of those outfits were higi haga (LOL)

So how did I find my style?
One day, I needed something to wear, I looked in my wardrobe and just became irritated. Everything I saw annoyed me and I knew it was time for a change. Luckily for me, the NFB yardsale was just around the corner and that was how I sold all of my clothes. It was a great opportunity for me to start over.

I had a pair of jeans, 3 tops and like 5 dresses... These pieces I realized were my favorite and so I rebuilt my wardrobe around them, considering the colours, textures and the fit. I noticed the colours that looked good on me and didn't stray far from them. These colours are white, blush, nude, grey, blue denim and black. Theres a bit of yellow and pink here and there but very pale tones.
I also noticed I liked loose fabrics like crepe and chiffon, very breezy and no stress.

So now that I know what I like and what suits me, Its easier to shop and because I have less clothes in my wardrobe its always easier to find something to wear.

So people, what is your style and how did you find it?

You Might Also Like

26 comments

  1. Looking good cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  2. Looove your outfit. Hmmm I've always tilted to black and white and alil bit of grey. I know my style is very easy and laid back. I can totally relate with feeling irritated looking through your wardrobe. I'm going through the same phase at the moment.

    Epiphany29.com
    Currently I Am

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Grace, hopefully you come out of the phase soon. You can try a capsule closet, select your 10 favorite outfits then mix and match

      Delete
  3. Welcome back Mide. I love this look especially your culottes. It took me a lot of trial and error too but when I started taking more note of my favorite items especially when shopping, then I realized my style. And yes closet sales are perfect, more space, less clothes and money to revamp.
     Princess Audu 

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Sarah, you made me fall in love with culottes you wear them so well! and Yes to revamping money :D

      Delete
  4. Thrifted look expect for the shoes?!?! Impressive!! Finding one's style takes time and I think I am still looking for mine. Mine's always changing. That's the beauty of fashion x
    Marveling-Mind☀ | Instagram | Bloglovin’

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Feyi, I've noticed that most of the pieces I like can't be found in the stores so thrifting makes me happy.
      And you're right, see how long it took me. It'll come when it's ready

      Delete
  5. I don't know what my style is to be honest, today I want to be girly, tomorrow I want to be a boy. It's just tiring! I hope to find it soon, that was a bold step tho! Selling off your clothes. I'm happy for you! Nice outfit by the way

    www.theblackwriter.com

    Latest post --> http://www.theblackwriter.com/2017/01/16/words-from-2016/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Tonye, yes it was a bold step and it felt so good! till it dawned on me that I didn't have any clothes LOL

      Delete
  6. I like to say that mine is a fun mix but I know I definitely tilt towards androgyny and vintage. I've talked about how I found my own style on the blog too.

    Cassie Daves Blog
    My 2016 In Style, Blog Year Recap x A Few Goals For 2017

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back!
    I don't think I have found my style, yet. But I know that I love simple and comfort.
    Hopefully, I find it this year.
    https://lifestyleoforeoluwa.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  8. I absolutely love this outfit on you.
    fashionattitudebyraych.blogspot.com

    Xoxo,
    Ray

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you for posting :) Im glad you have found your style. I am finally starting to get there with mine! I love your hair also :)

    http://misshoneyashleigh.blogspot.co.uk/

    ReplyDelete
  10. That is a cool look! I really like it! thank you for sharing. It was pretty interesting that I've made a similar choice in terms of clothings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. It looks cool! Thank you for sharing those materials here. It would be an interesting experience to mix several styles.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Finding a certain style is not that easy sometimes. Therefore, I always read reviews and shared opinions in order to find out something unusual for myself.

    ReplyDelete
  13. It is very difficult to find your own style and look very nice and laconic at the same time.

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe!

Subscribe!

Subscribe