Olumo Rock

12:36 AM


Chief Tour Guide, Social Prefect. Photo via WhatsappGroup lol












































Hi Guys,

This is basically a photo story of my Olumo Rock trip. I had wanted to visit for the longest time and when i found out Chiamaka (Social Prefect) was doing a tour, I hollered at Desola (DeeMako) and we were off!

We opted to take the more scenic route and actually climb the rocks instead of taking the stairs and the climb was kind of tedious because most of us were really unfit but it was very interesting to learn about the history behind Abeokuta and the Egba people.

We got to a part of the rock where we met some dwellers who actually worship the rock and offered us charms for a fee. They believe that if you worship the rock you will attain long life and a living testament is their leader who is 131 years old (pictured above)

It was a very fun trip and I cant wait to be back in Lagos so I can attend more Social Prefect Tours.

Have any of you guys been to Olumo Rock? What was your experience like?












You Might Also Like

8 comments

  1. I love your photography style. Such awesome pictures!!!

    Mira La Belle blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with Ijenna, you have such a distinct style of photography.
    I went to Olumo Rock on an excursion in Secondary School, the lift wasn't working so we had to climb to the top.
    It was an interesting experience but I don't think I will go there again unless if necessary.
    Like, I feel there are soooo many places to explore so if i've seen everything in one place, there is no need to go there again.

    www.tukesquest.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks Tuke, I agree with you. I can't wait for the next adventure!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've been to Olumo rock on an excursion and we had to use the stairs. I can remember sitting down halfway lol. I plan to go again sometime soon. Can't wait to see the many developments.
    Laitanbee Blog

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. wow nice pictures :)
    I like to travel a lot, its super fun.
    Went to camping few days back, perhaps I'll go again soon :)
    You are looking very nice btw.
    Lux Time

    ReplyDelete

Subscribe!

Subscribe!

Subscribe